Friday 9 June 2017

Let it go - the

Richard Emil Miller

Let it go - the


let it go – the
smashed word broken
open vow or
the oath cracked length
wise – let it go it
was sworn to
go
let them go – the
truthful liars and
the false fair friends
and the boths and
neithers – you must let them go they
were born
to go
let all go – the
big small middling
tall bigger really
the biggest and all
things – let all go
dear
so comes love

e.e. cummings 

 A message I have to tell myself regularly. These are the mosquitoes of the mind, the gnats niggling at my equanimity, the "little foxes that spoil the vines" (Song of Solomon 2:15) - all these things I've held on to. I want to let them go, say goodbye, make peace, and make room - yes, for love. More love and less and less and even less of the rest.




No comments:

Post a Comment